Spektre 'Casting Shadows Without Light' Album is OUT NOW!
● Digital: Exclusively on Beatport (for 2 weeks)
● Double CD: (Full Album on Disc 1, Extended Mixes on Disc 2)
● Vinyl: Album Samplers 1 & 2 from Juno
► Check out Album Trailer:
REACTIONS TO DEBUT ALBUM:
● IDJ Mag: "9/10 - Every track has been painstakingly laboured over and that attention to detail shines through. Mixing brain, sonic brawn and creativity, this is very strong stuff indeed."
read full review: http://www.idealdjs.co.uk/Spektre-ID...bum-review.jpg
● Data Transmission: "8/10 - They’ve impressively created an album which has plenty for home listening as well as certified club bruisers...they’ve found a distinctive sound for themselves, one that few others are really attempting – and with it, they might have just booked their lucky ticket into the big leagues. Impressive."
● PG Tips - Tilllate Mag: "8/10 - As DJ's they have also become very much in demand as Spektre Live and this album goes to show why, with it's cutting edge electronica and Techno vibe."
● Stephan Bodzin: "5/5 - Great one from Spektre"
● Fergie: "5/5 - Yes been expecting big things from this top marks ofcourse Very intresting, Nice ups, downs twist and turns its all going on :-)
● James Zabiela: "Memory Effect is WICKED! Love it. A few others on here to I can use."
● Reset Robot: "Really good collection of tracks here! really impressive stuff."
● Mauro Picotto: "Quality stuff, very complete"
► Spektre 'Hello We Are:' feature in the Mixmag
► Scotlands 'Daily Record' Newspaper name it in their 'Don't Miss out on these Albums' section
► Amazing 9/10 IDJ review of Spektre's debut album
► Data Transmission 8/10 Review:
► Resident Advisor Interview:
► Bigshot Review of Album:
Our money’s on summer 2010 being a vintage year for live British dance music. Sure, the old guard such as Leftfield, Underworld, Way Out West, and Orbital will be picking up the headlines for their return to the festival circuit, but in terms of new blood, look no further than techno duo, Spektre.
Hailing from Sheffield - no stranger itself to successful man/machine syntheses - the pairing of ‘Filthy’ Rich and Paul Maddox is part of a new breed of rave-inspired, intelligent dance music young bucks.
They took the Glade festival and SW4 crowds by storm in 2009, having already travelled the UK, South American, US and European gig circuits packing out venues with their distinctive brand of exceptionally danceable electronic body music.
Release-wise, their productions and remixes for the likes of Fever Ray, Lionrock, Future Sound Of London, and many more, have afforded them plenty of plaudits from blogs and techno’s aristocracy (Sven Vath, Ritchie Hawtin, Laurent Garnier, and Dubfire are all fans).
‘Casting Shadows Without Light’ is an astonishing debut album. CD 1 is a mixture of vocal electronica, spoken word samples, sci-fi audio steals, and instrumentals, as the 13 tracks veer from noisy epics and ether-soaked techno torch songs, to ambient interludes and an atmospheric drum n bass closer. And when it comes to a delicate use of melody, Spektre exude more warmth and beauty in 16 bars than a thousand indie troubadours ever will.
CD2 brings together a selection of extended mixes from the album, each in a longer form with a nod to the band’s dancefloor origins.
International dates in the UK, Europe, Australia, Israel, Slovenia, US, and beyond, begin from February, touring the album with their all-new live show. Please see http://www.myspace.com/spektre1 full details.
FORTHCOMING ON RESPEKT RECORDINGS
● 31.5.10 - RSPKT008 - Matt Cooper - Slingshot / Crank
● 14.6.10 - RSPKT009 - Spektre: Album Remixes 1 - Casting Shadows Without Light (Umek Remix) / Descent (Reset Robot Remix)
● 28.6.10 - RSPKT010 - Seegee - Mudma / The Frog and the Onion
● 12.7.10 - RSPKT011 - Spektre: Album Remixes 2 - Harpoon (Fergie Remix) / Always Too Much (Matt Cooper Remix)
● 26.7.10 - RSPKT012 - Alex & Filip - Frailty / Spooky Town / Livid
● 2 May - VVVWI @ Matter, London
● 8 May - 1605 Festival with UMEK, Ljubljana, Slovenia
● 15 May - M-Bia, Berlin
● 21 May - I love we love techno @ Liquid Lounge, Cork, Ireland
● 22 May - Spektre Album Launch @ Mynt, Belfast
● 28 May - Ludicrous @ The Arch, Swansea, UK
● 29 May - 420 Warehouse, Stockholm
● 3 Jun - Spektre Live in Mexico City
● 4 Jun - La Aceitera, Guadalajara, Mexico
● 5 Jun - Outdoor Event, Querétaro, Mexico
● 11 Jun - The Residence, Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
● 12 Jun - The Vault, El Paso, Texas, USA
● Label Website: http://www.respektrecordings.com
● Twitter: http://twitter.com/SpektreLive
● Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/spektre1
● Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/SpektreLive
● Blog: http://spektrelive.blogspot.com/
● Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/spektrelive
● Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/SpektreLive
● Beatport Spektre: http://www.beatport.com/artists/spektre
● Beatport Label: http://www.beatport.com/labels/respekt
BOOKING / PRESS:
► Worldwide Bookings: Ideal DJ's Limited
Sacha - Ideal DJ's - email@example.com
+44 (0) 845 094 4791
+44 (0) 1268 796120
► Press Contact:
Jamie - Ideal DJ's - firstname.lastname@example.org
+44 (0)07729 485857