Bandwagon launches major national music competition across all schools in the UK
Bandwagon’s Sound Clash in partnership with Sennheiser is a five month long music talent initiative starting 27th November, to encourage school and college students to participate in music and creative arts.
Students will get the chance to enter a battle of the bands competition, which if they win will see them playing at a major UK festival and getting a record deal with Sanctuary Records. A whole host of equipment and instruments are also up for grabs to the runner ups and for the best participating schools.
The crux of Sound Clash is to identify the best musical talent in full time school/college education in the UK today. The competition is open to all students aged between 12-18 at secondary school and sixth form/college.
Sound Clash is intended to comply with Dept for Education and Skills’ objectives for specialist schools (music and creative arts) to promote student body activity, although the competition also extends the opportunity to all secondary schools and colleges in the UK.
Sound Clash is open to all bands and solo artists, across all genres of music. It is designed to encourage students and schools to support their entering bands, and to champion their cause and school. The top 4 bands will be whittled down by a combination of A&R, user-voting & judging panel. All bands that enter will gain exposure to a dedicated audience of music fans online.
REVIEW WRITING ELEMENT - If a student is not in a band but enjoys music they can write a review on their favourite band, album or gig experience and have the review featured and posted on Bandwagon’s website and its media partners’ properties.
PHOTOGRAPHY ELEMENT - Additionally, there will be a prize for the best music photography uploaded to the Sound Clash website during the course of the competition.
Getting involved in Sound Clash is FREE for all schools and students.
BANDWAGON IS REQUESTING THE SUPPORT OF ALL MUSIC SCHOOL BODIES TO ENCOURAGE STUDENTS TO PARTICIPATE.
The students & schools/colleges can pre-register before 27th November and will be notified via email with further instructions and details when the competition commences. Once Sound Clash has commenced on 20th November, students then sign up, create online profiles, and upload MP3s of their tracks to their artist profile page on Sound Clash’s website (when they’re ready). Non musicians can sign up, create a personal profile, and write reviews of their favourite music and upload their photographs.
TOP PRIZE & RUNNER UP PRIZES:
Play at a major UK festival 2007
Singles Record deal with Sanctuary Records
New Lead and Bass guitars
Microphones & headsets
Play at Bandwagon showcase events
Be linked with all Bandwagon media promotions etc
Videos on MTV Flux (TV & Online)
WINNING SCHOOLS WIN:
Musical instrument infrastructure
- Microphones & headsets
- New Lead & Bass guitar
- New Drum Kit
- New Bass Amps
- School featured in media/promo
• Bands enter by creating their band profile on www.bandwagon.co.uk/soundclash and upload tracks so that the judges and entire community can listen to their music online
• Competition opens in October, launches in November and runs to the end of March 2007
• Bands & artists encourage their friends and their school to get behind them and promote them via the online forums and review section, to drive their popularity
• Competition rules, entry processes and tips can be found at www.bandwagon.co.uk/soundclash
• Sound Clash will be covered by both Bandwagon and its media partners including MTV Flux – across radio, tv, online and press
• Bandwagon’s Sound Clash will visit some of the popular bands’ schools & have them play. Events to be filmed for TV coverage. Equipment partners will also offer master classes and demos at some schools
• The judges (panel to be finalised) will review all the entries to identify the best four artists to compete at a live national event, where the winners will be announced.
About Bandwagon.co.uk: Tired of myspace? Clicking from page to page to hear tracks from bands can be irritating. If you want an edgier, cooler online community that focus’ on unsigned and independent music, a place where you can create a personalised radio service/boombox, build your own profile, and even sell your own band's downloads, you need to jump on the Bandwagon. Bandwagon.co.uk is a revolutionary next-generation networking community for all music and entertainment fans, across online, mobile and Internet TV (IPTV). Bandwagon.co.uk combines all the best bits of the current social networks and music download sites, providing quality online viral music community & entertainment.